Santa Monica, located only 20 minutes west of downtown Los Angeles, is a walking paradise filled with outdoor activities, luxurious shopping facilities, and opportunities to unwind beneath blue sky and awe-inspiring sunsets. Catch some waves, relax on stunning beaches, and ride bike trails with breathtaking sights.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
We believe that the ideal months to visit Santa Monica are in the late spring and fall. During these months, you’ll enjoy some of the nicest weather of the year while missing the summer crowds, allowing you to comfortably laze at the beach and visit popular attractions.
— Bring a jacket because the temperature will decrease at night.
— Avoid parking difficulties by taking the bus, biking, or ride shares.
— Plan your visit in advance. Attractions such as the Santa Monica Pier will be less crowded during the week or in the mornings.
WHAT TO SEE
DID YOU KNOW…?
The first solar-powered Ferris wheel can be found at Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier. Los Angeles and Santa Monica take pride in being very environmentally friendly!
WHERE TO STAY
TOURS TO BOOK
5 Free things to do in santa monica
- Santa Monica State Beach – The Santa Monica State Beach stretches for 3.5 miles along the California coast. There are various walkways that allow you to simply wander across the wonderful sand, with chess tables, volleyball courts, and little scenic areas scattered throughout.
- Third Street Promenade – Third Street Promenade is located in the heart of downtown Santa Monica, serving as a hub for retail and entertainment. You’ll find well-known retail outlets and restaurant franchises, as well as some more local options.
- The Original Muscle Beach – The Original Muscle Beach is not to be confused with Muscle Beach in Venice. This famous spot to watch acrobats and gym enthusiasts perform on the rings is located just south of the Santa Monica Pier.
- Santa Monica Farmers Market – They feature an excellent assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as bread and nuts. Park for free at one of the neighbouring 90-minute parking garages.
- Santa Monica Stairs – The Santa Monica Stairs were never intended to be one of California’s tourist attractions, but the hidden jewel tucked neatly into an unassuming residential area has recently acquired popularity, particularly among the fitness-oriented community.