The top California amusement parks attract thrill-seekers and families from all over the world, and it’s not only Disneyland rides that draw crowds. There’s Universal Studios Hollywood, California Adventure, Knott’s Berry Farm, LEGOLAND, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, and SeaWorld.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The best time to visit is early in the morning on a weekday (excluding Fridays) when the parks first open. Summer and school holidays are the busiest times for parks. Crowds are slightly less on weekdays and in the winter. However, parks’ hours can be more limited in winter.
— See if the park you’re visiting has an app and download it to check wait times.
— Start at the back of the park and work your way forward to avoid crowds.
— Arrive at least 30 minutes before opening to get a head start.
— Make a plan so you get to everything you want to see and do.
POPULAR Theme Parks in california
5 best theme parks for thrill seekers in california
- Six Flags Magic Mountain- Six Flags Magic Mountain is one of the best amusement parks in California. Roller coaster enthusiasts flock to this park since it offers the most roller coasters of any amusement park in the world.
- Belmont Park – This park near San Diego‘s Mission Beach features corn dogs, carnival games, and a classic coaster. Riders can reach speeds of up to 48 mph on the Giant Dipper’s wood-framed drops and curves.
- Disney California Adventure – This park has something for every type of person, from thrill seekers to shoppers to foodies.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom –Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California is another Six Flags amusement park on this list. Discovery Kingdom is more than simply a theme park with rides and roller coasters; it also has a zoo and an aquarium.
- California’s Great America –This amusement park has nearly 50 attractions, including the iconic Gold Striker wooden roller coaster.