When most people think of Anaheim, they think of Disneyland, but this California city has much more to offer than this amazing theme park. Located in the heart of Orange County, it’s a great base from which to explore the city and to reach neighboring areas and beaches.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The months of March through May and September through October are ideal for visiting Anaheim and Disneyland since the weather is pleasant and school is still in session. Disneyland is more busy throughout the summer and around big holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
– Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) operates 20 routes around the city.
– Long Beach, Newport Beach, and Huntington Beach are the nearest beaches.
– Renting a car is the easiest way to get around.
– If you have a Disneyland admission ticket, you can ride the Monorail between Tomorrowland and the Downtown Disney Resort for free.
WHAT TO SEE
DID YOU KNOW…?
Anaheim is home to California’s first theme park. Knott’s Berry Farm began as a small roadside jam stand offering chicken meals before growing into a famous California attraction. A century after its debut, it remains an enduring icon.
WHERE TO STAY
TOURS TO BOOK
5 Free things to do in Anaheim
- Huntington Beach – Surf City USA, located approximately 35 minutes from Downtown Anaheim, is a lovely retreat from the landlocked city.
- Orange County Great Park – A $10 trip on the famed orange hot air balloon boasting 360-degree views extending 40 miles makes a visit to Orange County Great Park affordable.
- Oak Canyon Nature Center – The Nature Center’s 58-acre natural park has four miles of trails lined with educational information.
- Downtown Anaheim Farmers Market – Farmers’ markets are the place to go if you want to find one-of-a-kind and artisan items.
- South Coast Plaza –Over 250 stylish outlets and trendy eateries can be found in South Coast Plaza. Luxury buyers will be able to shop all of their favorite labels including Prada and Gucci.