One of the most vibrant and picturesque cities in the United States, San Francisco is known for its delicious seafood, world-famous attractions and glorious views. San Francisco offers a significant number of cultural attractions and world famous landmarks, all in the surroundings of impressive natural beauty.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
We think the best time to visit San Francisco is in the fall, from September to November. Fall has the city’s warmest temperatures and there are fewer crowds than in summer, so it’s more enjoyable and rates are lower. Spring is another good time to visit thanks to its mild temperatures and lack of rain.
— Always dress in layers: the city has interesting microclimates.
— Don’t leave valuables in your car! There is a high chance it will get stolen.
— Try to dig deeper into the city than Fisherman’s Wharf and Union Square.
— Wear comfortable shoes, take rideshares to get around, ride the trolley!
WHAT TO SEE
DID YOU KNOW…?
That famous San Francisco fog has that often rolls in over the bay has a name! They call him Karl the Fog and he has an Instagram account with over 250K followers! He was named after the misunderstood giant in the 2003 film Big Fish.
WHERE TO STAY
TOURS TO BOOK
5 Free things to do in san francisco
- Golden Gate Bridge – You can’t miss it since it’s part of the skyline, but you can also visit the bridge welcome center, see the exhibits, and even take a free walking tour (given twice-weekly on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Golden Gate Park – Larger than New York’s Central Park and equally grand. There are lakes and meadows, waterfalls, and windmills. Have a picnic, see the bison, or hike up Strawberry Hill.
- Cable Car Museum – Guaranteed everyone will find this museum interesting. The cable cars are a trademark of San Francisco transportation.
- Walking Tours of San Francisco – Learn about the history of the neighborhoods of San Francisco on a walking tour. This city has a wonderful story to tell and the guides narrate it well (donations encouraged).
- Pier 39 – One of the best free things to do in San Francisco is walk along Fisherman’s Wharf, and Pier 39 is one of the main attractions, like the Sea Lions that have taken up residence on the pier.